Sunday 21 October 2007

Week 4, part 2

I have managed to source a lot more Daz3d model content including hair designs and characters, this should make a good starting point which will hopefully help me avoid a large amount of model alteration.

Having finally printed and mounted the research I have collated, I am now spending time annotating and picking out key points that should be taken into consideration for my own project. One of the topics I am putting particular focus on is the pressure received by males to look good. I want to be able to prove that there is a strong market for products like the one I am going to create, I can do this by showing that appearance is becoming more and more important to both gender, this will then reflect positively on the commercial viability of the product. I am still to take a good look at the fundamentals of e-learning, but have sourced a lot of research already for the subject.

Using the book I received, I have started to define what content is going to be included in the final prototype. The current topics include face shapes and profiles for both genders, and nose shapes and the effect on hair design for males.

This week I am aiming to finish off analyzing the research I have gathered, and start digging deeper into specific issues that will more effect my product, so that I can start forming a more solid idea of the concept. I need to decide on the aesthetic look of the product, and how deep the functionality is aiming to go.

No comments: