Monday 15 October 2007

Week 4, part 1

I have emailed Dundee university regarding collaboration, again no response as of yet, disappointing!

At the suggestion of the lecturers, I have sourced a program called Daz3d, this program allows the posing of downloaded content (character models). I intend to use the character models I have sourced as a basis to the heads I aim to create to match the design fundamentals researched. Basic tests have already been carried out and been successful, so with the addition of knowledge from video tutorials and the max 9 bible, I am confident i can produce high quality and realistic renders.

I am currently investigating teaching fundamentals as a research topic. Information regarding "e-learning" will be invaluable in making the delivery of information to the user as effective as possible, the research will also come in handy when writing the dissertation that accompanies the project.

I am hoping to have a mounted and annotated all my currently gathered research by the end of week 4 (delivery of materials is currently slowing the process), then I will examine what I have learned, and redo the project mind map to give a clearer picture of the projects current aims.

The first of 2 books I ordered for content analysis have arrived. "Hair Care & Styling for Men" is going to provide me with invaluable content information regarding head shapes and the design and maintenance of male hairstyles.

No comments: